Check out more photos on our instagram
How long does it take to get my windows tinted?
- Most tint jobs take an average of 3 hours. In this time we clean the windows thoroughly, cut the film to the shape of the glass, mold the film to the shape of the glass, and then apply the film on the inside of the glass.
We clean the windows thoroughly, however not the entire car meaning the dirtier the exterior/interior may affect the final results of the installation.
Can my Windshield be Tinted?
- Yes. Thanks to Ceramic film, a clear film can be installed on the windshield. Clear Ceramic film provides more heat rejection than Limo film in the Standard series.
Can my moonroof be tinted?
- Yes. A lot of our customers feel the heat coming through the glass up top and a great way to stop that is tinting the glass.
My car came with the rear windows tinted, is there any point of tinting them?
- Factory tinted glass is known as "Privacy Glass" and does not give you the same UV, Infrared, or heat protection as window film.
Customer has the option to darken the glass more, or keep the same. With that said it is completely a preference of wanting less heat entering vehicle.
Do I need dark tint to stop the heat?
- Yes and No.
In the Standard Series, the darker the film, the higher the heat rejection.
However, in the Ceramic Series, from Clear film to Dark, they are all very High in heat rejection.
Both series provide have 99% UV protection.
What does the warranty cover?
- Any failure of the film including color change or fading, back window bubbling, delaminating, blurring, cracking or peeling.
* Although the film has a great scratch resistant coating / liner, warranty does not cover inflicted damage such as pet scratches, seatbelt buckle whacking the glass, loading items into car and accidentally scratching film.
What is UV protection? and UV-A vs UV-B?
- UV radiation is part of the natural energy produced by the sun. Two types of UV light are proven to contribute to the risk for skin cancer: Ultraviolet A (UVA) has a longer wavelength, and is associated with skin aging. Ultraviolet B (UVB) has a shorter wavelength and is associated with skin burning
How long does it take to wrap my car?
- On an average most 4 door vehicles, such as a sedan, take 24 hours to complete an exterior color change wrap. That is spread out into 3 (8 hour) work days.
The fewer the panels / trim the faster. The larger the vehicle / more trim, the longer.
What is the warranty for the color wraps?
- Most films have an 5+ year warranty on the films, however a general rule of thumb is to remove it after 3 - 5 years. The longer its on, the harder it will be to remove in the future.
If you are not planning on removing the film, you could leave it on as long as you'd like.
Do you remove parts for installation?
This will depend on the type of installation the customer is looking for. For example, some customers have track cars and do not need high detail as the vinyl can get damaged by racing. Others may be entering car shows and are looking for flawless work.
Either way we have 12+ years in the automotive accessorizing industry, we are very familiar with disassembling and properly putting car parts back together.
This is done mainly when installing vinyl film, however, occasionally its necessary when tinting windows.
Where can I see work you've done?
We are grateful that our customers keep us busy. As a small shop, we sometimes fall behind on posting recent work. However, we post most of our projects on our Instagram Page @wolf_wraps
*** We are the original Wolf Wraps and have 1 location in San Diego located in the Kearny Mesa area. Not to be confused with anyone else.